For those of you who are interested, but don't have the time to keep up with our lives, let me tell you a little bit about what is going on with us. When Elliot was born in November we decided that it would be best for our family if I could stay home with him. After much prayer, discussion, and consideration, we decided that I should quit my job. We were lucky to have the support of both of our families, and after more prayer and discussion, we decided to move in with my family. We moved out of our apartment in January, and have been living here since then.
I have been loving my time as a stay at home mom, and have been greatly blessed to be able to spend my days watching Elliot grow, and helping him learn. He is the center of my world, and I am convinced that he is the cutest baby there is! In my "down" time, I do a variety of things. Anything from making baby food, digital scrapbooking, cooking, starting a blog, or reading. I haven't really found one hobby that seems to capture all my time, but I am interested to see how that will develop as I continue to spend my days at home.
Trevor is amazing! He has one more semester at BYU before he graduates. The plan is for him to graduate in History in December. Currently he is staying very busy. He has a job at Domino's Pizza as a delivery driver. He really enjoys the work, and it has been a great summer job for him. The employee discount he gets is definitely not helping me get back into shape. He also has an internship working with the LDS church history department. He is helping them with their work on the Joseph Smith Papers. For those of you that don't know, that is essentially all the things that Joseph Smith ever wrote or said that they can find and verify, compiled together. It is a very large project, and Trevor loves the time he spends working on that. When he isn't working at one of those 2 jobs, he is spending time with Elliot, studying for the GRE, preping for his TA job that he has set up for the fall, helping with various projects around the house, and sometimes (when he can find time) he even gets to sleep.
Elliot will probably be the main focus of most of my posts (since I spend all my time with him) so I am sure you will stay updated on him. He is a week away from being 7 months old. At his 6 month Dr. appointment he was 19 lbs 12 oz. and 28 inches long. He is crawling all over the place, babbling, and it seems like he learns something new every day. He is growing so fast you will just have to keep checking the blog to see what is going on with him.
We are all doing very well. I have the best husband and son and I love them both so much!
Love it! I am so glad you get to be home with your little nugget!
ReplyDelete