My mother, Tonia, and I all went to the General Relief Society Meeting, and we were able to be in the conference center. I must admit that I initially did not want to drive there, get there early, and then have to deal with traffic on the way home. I thought that it would be much easier to go the the stake center just around the corner. I was very glad that Trevor and my mom talked me into going though. I think I sometimes forget the distances that others around the world must travel just to watch it, and I had the privilege of being in the building with the Prophet, and other leaders.
I loved all the talks that were given. If you didn't get the chance to see it, you can go to lds.org and watch it. It was only about an hour and a half, but it was very uplifting. I love hearing the messages and being able to see areas that I need to work on in my own life and ways that I can improve. I love the great feeling that I have and the encouragement I get to keep up the good things that I am doing, and to feel and know God's love for me.
I also have to throw in a little acknowledgement here about my wonderful husband. Not only was he more than willing to watch Elliot while I was gone (despite having lots of homework) but he was willing to rearrange plans with friends, and encourage me to take the extra time required to be at the conference center. Then when I got home, he had a rose, and note, and some treats for me! I am so lucky to have such an incredible husband who is always going out of his way to show me that he loves me!
Thanks to everyone who made Saturday night so great!
No comments:
Post a Comment